Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Sugar thing

I love when people ask if I have lost weight - "Why yes, I've lost 30 pounds," I say. And I have. Thirty lbs. in about 3 months. How? People always immediately want to know how. I gave up sugar. Simple. Most people are in total disbelief - they cannot fathom giving up sugar. Well, when the idea was brought up to me, I was certain it was beyond my will power to stop the sweet stuff. But here I am, down 30 lbs. and not missing them. Well, okay, that's a lie, I do occasionally want a piece of hot fudge cake or cookies and cream ice cream, but I can usually muster the will to not give in. Also, I have found that when I do allow myself a treat (treat being defined as anything with more than 3 grams of sugar per serving) I have found my tolerance is very low - 2-3 bites is typically all I can handle. So, I am happy to say, I conquered sugar! I was addicted - now I read labels and it is amazing the amount of sugar I took in. I am no longer a slave to food and never will be again.

No comments:

 

Copyright 2007 All Right Reserved. shine-on design by Nurudin Jauhari. and Published on Free Templates