Thursday, April 30, 2009
To maintain regularity in blogging some recommend writing a few posts in advance, and saving them in a Word document. When the day comes when you want to post on a blog, you can just enter Word and copy the text. You never know what might happen, so writing a few posts in advance may help you a lot when you want to keep posting regularly.
Additionally, you will be able to relax more knowing that you already have posts prepared in advance, and the only thing that you have to do is to copy it and paste them in the right place. I know many situations where a blogger has abandoned his blog for a few weeks due to real life issues and lack of time. That could have been easily avoided if he had at least a few posts written in advance.
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
On the other hand, if you want to play a game that was just released a few weeks ago, then you might experience some problems with outdated hardware. In most cases, it is the graphic card that will not be able to render proper visual effects. Graphic cards can get very easily outdated. I know gamers who spend a lot of money on their PC, but now are having more and more problems running the newest computer games.
Be prepared to spend a lot of money on the newest components, especially if you want to pay the newest games. That is unless you want to play video games on a console like, for example, Nintendo Wii or Playstation 3. In such a case, you will not need to upgrade it by buying newer components, however, every few years you will need to replace it with a newer generation console.
Saturday, April 11, 2009
Blogging is not as easy as it sometimes might seem, and there are some questions you can ask yourself before you start blogging. If you do not ask yourself any questions, you might end up abandoning your blog. It is better to realize what blogging is really about before you dedicate a lot of time to it. Ask yourself the following questions:
1. What are my expectations? Expecting too much in a too short time can result in being discouraged. On the other hand, being happy with your everyday progress can be really encouraging. Creating a successful blog takes time, and your reader base might not be growing as fast as you would like to. However, as long as it is growing steadily there is nothing to worry about.
2. Can you work on a regular basis? Won’t you get discouraged? Blogging requires you to work on a regular basis, so writing an article once per month may not be sufficient to have a popular blog. You should consider blogging at least a few times per week, preferably almost every day.
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
I could start by explaining the importance of doing regular backups. However, I believe that almost everybody knows how important it is to store important data, and how crucial it is to back it up from time to time. There are a few ways you can store it:
• Online. By this I not only mean your email account, but also services of companies that allow you to store your data on their disks. Often a certain fee might be associated with it, so it is up to you whether you want to pay for this kind of services.
• External hard drives. Those usually have a large capacity and thus make it the cheapest and the most effective way to store data. I would recommend them to most people.
• You can also have additional hard drives inside your PC. Just by installing additional drive in your PC, you will have more space to store your precious data. Take into account that your energy bill might grow because of it, as you will have two hard drives constantly operational.
• CDs and DVDs. Although those do not contain that much free space, their price is not that high, and you can fully rely on them.
I am not going to recommend a specific method for every type of user, but try to remember that it is important to back up your data on a regular basis.
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Did a few days already pass since your last post, and you feel obliged to write something new? Do not worry, as there are a lot of things to write about, and all you have to do is stay focused. Here is some advice that may help you: